My Films

Friday, June 24, 2005

Meditation for Peace

meditation

2003-04-10 - 11:37 a.m.

peace begins with me...

meditation is a big part of my life, and i can only see it growing from here.
yoga and the meditation disciplin in its various forms is a practice of peace.
it is stilling the mind, stilling the surroundings and really tuning into the self.
in the self, something so perfect exists and it is love. peace is love,
understanding, forgiveness, and trust.

for me, cultivation of my own inner peace is essential. and part of it is because
i want to translate my own inner peace to the rest of the world.
i think the biggest reason for lack of peace is fear, or lack of love. and fear is strong
strong as hell, but ultimately love is so much stronger.

i believe everyone contains the capacity for peace. just in my own experience of love,
love from family, friends, and from the self. the connection between me to you is enough
to motivate to believe it can exist between any two individuals in this world.
we have been so blessed to know this from our own life experience, and i think
that it is amazing that we desire to give this gift to those who need it most.
peace begins in the heart, and starts with an individual.

No comments: